Hello Daily Kos!
Primary day is here, and I’ve been campaigning nonstop all over Pennsylvania, but I wanted to take a moment to thank the Daily Kos community for your support. Thank you for the hours you volunteered, your donations, and for your feedback.
But there’s still more to do. Polls are open until 8 PM tonight and every bit helps. Below the fold are 5 things you can do right now to support my campaign.
1. Vote! If you’re a Pennsylvania resident it starts with casting your ballot. You can find your polling place here.
2. Tell Your Friends! Call all the PA residents you know and make sure they know how important this primary is. Make sure they know their polling place and walk them through a plan to vote. Ask them when they plan to vote and who they’ll bring with them. If they’re undecided, be sure to let them know where I stand on the issues.
3. Volunteer! There’s still time to knock on doors and make phone calls. Find your nearest campaign office here. While you’re at it, sign up for a shift or two.
4. Tweet! Tweet your support. I’m @allysonschwartz and my supporters use the hashtags #TeamSchwartz and #PAGov on Twitter.
5. Share! I’m really proud of my campaign ads. Take a moment to watch my final ad and share it on Facebook.
This election is incredibly important - so much is at stake for our kids, our communities, and our future. While there are some questions regarding my opponents record on public education, I know what it takes to get things done. I'm the only candidate who's worked on a fair funding formula, and as a mother of two proud Central High graduates in Philadelphia I know our schools can be great.
Polls are closer than what's been reported. I have defied expectations in tough races before, and with your help I can do it again!
Normally my staff sticks around to answer questions but I hope you’ll forgive their absence today. They’ll be out knocking on doors and making phone calls until the polls close. Again, thank you for everything Kossacks - I'm so happy I was able to become part of this community! Talk again soon!
Thanks for everything,